The Power BI reports are embedded in Dynamics 365 F&O in a workspace under Analytics tab. In some cases, the standard reports include data that isn’t relevant to all customers. More often, customers might want to access data points or calculations that are left out of the standard reports.
Power users can use web-friendly design tools to customize the analytical reports that are embedded in the application. By using the free-form canvas designer, users who are familiar with the relevant business insights that are required can help make the organization successful.
Edit embedded reports in analytical workspaces
Points to consider
- Customizations are limited to the report design canvas. Users can’t change the definitions of report data sets.
- Report customizations that are made to the analytical workspace apply to all users in the environment.
- The service automatically preserves report customizations during product upgrades.
- The service doesn’t support the export of customizations that are made to analytical workspaces
How to customize workspace in Dynamics 365 F&O
User should have an access to System report editor role to customize the embedded application workspace.
- Login to Dynamics and open a workspace which you wants to customize. For example, Personnel management workspace.
2. Select the Analytics tab to access the workspace’s embedded analytical report.
3. Click on Options > Power BI > Edit Analytics
4. Once you click on Edit Analytics then you can see the workspace is open in edit mode and you have direct access to Power BI web designer tools just like Power BI desktop.
Now, you can change the design of existing graphs as well as you can add fields to the report.
5. Once you are done with changes then click on Save button to publish your changes.
If you like this article, feel free to share it with others who might find it helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.