Today, Microsoft published the 2021 release wave 1 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 a compilation of new capabilities that are planned to be released between April 2021 and September 2021. This first release wave of the year offers hundreds of new features and enhancements, demonstrating our continued investment to power digital transformation for our customers and partners.
Reference link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2021wave1/
Highlights from Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Dynamics 365 Marketing focuses on delivering deeper personalization and more channels to engage and reach your customers with the right messages with built-in analytics dashboards and cross-journey insights to improve results and achieve your business goals.
- Dynamics 365 Sales focuses on adding productivity enhancements for sellers and providing more access to data-driven insights to help with decision making. Look for updates to automation and sequencing, conversation intelligence, and many exciting updates to the mobile app enhancing the mobile experience for sellers on the go.
Finance and Operations
- Dynamics 365 Finance brings the intelligent cash flow offering to public preview with automation based on predictive results. Users experience out-of-the-box machine learning including when customers are predicted to pay, forecasting the budget and viewing forecasted cash positions based on actual accounts payable, accounts receivable and project transactions, and predicted outcomes.
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management expands on inventory and logistics scenarios providing a single, organization-wide source of truth for inventory quantity-on-hand with the Inventory Visibility Add-in. In Asset Management, customers will be able to bill for maintenance work. Manufacturing adds execution with scale units in the cloud to run mission-critical processes without interruption.
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations delivers rich new experiences with the ability to forecast, use, and invoice non-stocked materials on projects. Also included is the ability to set up contractual commitments like billing methods and chargeability rules by task or a work breakdown schedule. Customers using Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation will be able to upgrade to Project Operations.
- Dynamics 365 Guides is focusing on intelligent workflows. By taking further advantage of data captured with HoloLens as well as AI innovations, users can get to work and confirm their results faster and simpler than ever. In addition, new entities for completion time enable customers to build Power Automate flows that support their unique enterprise needs.
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources continues to broaden the human capital management (HCM) ecosystem through integration APIs and strategic partnerships. The employee experience expands to support benefit notifications and a summary statement providing a consolidated view of benefits for employees.
- Dynamics 365 Commerce brings to market an integrated B2B and B2C e-commerce offering in a single Commerce solution with unified merchandising and site management capabilities that enable a wide range of business models across industries and verticals. Commerce also expands the native integrations with Bing for Commerce search for product search, as well as Customer Service and Power Virtual Agents, to unify business processes across prepurchase and post-purchase scenarios.