In this article, We will see how to integrate Dynamics 365 HR Leave request with Outlook.
Before we start, We need below things
- Dynamics 365 HR environment
- Access to Microsoft Dataverse environment
- Access to Microsoft Power Automate | Microsoft Power Platform
Step 1 : Create a Leave request in Dynamics 365 HR
- In the Employee self service workspace, select Request time off in the Time Off Balances tile.
- Enter information for Leave type, Reason code, Start date, and End date.
- Under Dates, select the dates for your leave request.
- If you need to submit any supporting documentation, select Upload under Attachments.
- Enter information in Comment, if needed.
- Select Submit when you’re ready to submit your request. Otherwise, select Save draft.
Step 2 : Verify data in Dataverse
Check the entity cdm_leaveRequest and verify whether leave request is created
Step 3: Create an Event(V4) in Power Automate
- Login to Power Automate
Microsoft Power Automate | Microsoft Power Platfor
2. Starts from Blank and select
Select the template and provide the flow name
Click on create
3. Provide the trigger, entity name and scope
4. Get the worker record.
6. Apply for all records.
7. Create an event(V4)
Start time : formatDateTime(items(‘Apply_to_each’)?[‘cdm_leavedate’], ‘yyyy-MM-ddT00:00:00’)
End time : formatDateTime(items(‘Apply_to_each’)?[‘cdm_leavedate’], ‘yyyy-MM-ddT’) 23:59:59
5. Finally It will looks like this and save the Flow.
Step 4: Test Power Automate
- Create a Time off.
- Check the status in Power Automate
- Login to outlook
- Verify the notification and check the entry in Calendar
There is an entry created in Outlook for Leave request.
This is how you can integrate Outlook with Dynamics 365 Human Resources. If you like this article, feel free to share it work others who might find it helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with me.
I’m working on this and don’t understand where “value” comes from in Step 6. I have several options showing (value), which should be used?
You have to use value from previous step which is leave request details.
Thanks Parag, my flow looks slightly different to yours, I don’t seem to be able to add an image.
I don’t have the “filter rows” option on step 5 to add “_cdm_leaverequestid_value eq ‘leave request’ and it is showing “Row ID” as a mandatory field.
My step 5 looks slightly different to yours. I have “Row ID” as a mandatory field and I don’t have the “Filter rows” box. Where should I enter the “_cdm_leaverequestid_value eq ‘leave request'”