In Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, the reporting options for human resources are integrated with the Human Resources (HR) module, which is part of the core application. The reporting capabilities are designed to help organizations gain insights into their workforce and make data-driven decisions. Here are the key reporting options available for human resources in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations:
- Human Resources Reports: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations provides a set of pre-built HR reports that cover various aspects of human resource management. These reports include employee data, compensation analysis, performance reviews, training progress, leave balances, and more. These reports can be accessed directly from the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations application.
- Management Reporter: Management Reporter is a financial reporting tool available within Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. While it is mainly used for financial reporting, it can also be utilized for some HR-related reports, especially when financial data is involved, such as payroll expenses and benefits costs.
- Power BI Integration: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Power BI, a robust business intelligence tool. With Power BI, you can create customized HR reports and dashboards, combining data from various modules, including HR, to gain comprehensive insights into your workforce. Power BI allows for interactive data visualizations and advanced analytics capabilities.
- Data Export to Excel: You can export HR data from Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations to Microsoft Excel for further analysis and reporting. This option is useful for ad-hoc reporting and for creating customized reports based on specific requirements.
- Custom Report Development: For organizations with unique reporting needs, custom report development is an option. By leveraging Power BI or other reporting tools, you can build tailored reports that provide the exact HR insights your organization requires.
- HR Analytics Workspace (Dynamics 365 Human Resources): For organizations that use both Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and Dynamics 365 Human Resources, the HR Analytics workspace in Dynamics 365 Human Resources can provide an integrated view of HR data from both applications. This workspace offers interactive visualizations and advanced analytics to support HR decision-making.
Unlock the Power of Power BI
Power BI offers various connectors to connect and retrieve data from Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations for HR reporting. These connectors ensure seamless integration between the two systems and enable users to create insightful reports and dashboards. Here are the different connectors available in Power BI for HR reporting in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations:
- OData Connector: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations exposes data through OData (Open Data Protocol) endpoints, making it accessible for reporting purposes. The OData Connector in Power BI allows users to connect to these endpoints and extract HR-related data, such as employee information, payroll details, leave balances, and more.
- Azure Synapse: For organizations that utilize Azure Synapse to store HR data from Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, Power BI offers a connector to connect directly to the Azure Synapse This connector allows users to access and analyze HR data stored in the data lake using Power BI’s reporting capabilities.
- DirectQuery or Live Connection: With DirectQuery or Live Connection, users can create reports in Power BI that directly query data from the underlying data model in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. This approach ensures real-time reporting, where the reports reflect the most up-to-date HR data from the application.
- Custom Data Connectors: Power BI also supports the creation of custom data connectors. Organizations or developers can build custom connectors to connect to HR data in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations in a way that aligns with their specific reporting needs and data structures.
- Dataverse Connectors: Microsoft Dataverse allows you to connect directly to your data using Power BI Desktop to create reports and publish them to Power BI. From Power BI, reports can be used in dashboards, shared to other users, and accessed cross platform on Power BI mobile apps.
By utilizing these different connectors in Power BI, organizations can easily access HR data from Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and leverage the full capabilities of Power BI to create dynamic, interactive, and insightful HR reports and dashboards.
These reporting options in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations provide organizations with a comprehensive set of tools to monitor and analyze HR data. From built-in HR reports to the flexibility of Power BI and custom report development, organizations can leverage these capabilities to gain valuable insights into their workforce and optimize their HR management strategies.