In this article, We will see how to change the workflow approver. This is the common request by the user.
What is workflow?
The term workflow can be defined in two ways: as a system and as a business process.
Workflow is a system that runs on the Application Object Server (AOS). The workflow system provides functionality that you can use to create individual workflows, or business processes.
A workflow represents a business process. It defines how a document flows, or moves, through the system by showing who must complete a task, make a decision, or approve a document. For example, the following illustration shows a workflow for expense reports.
To better understand this workflow, suppose that Sam submits an expense report for USD 7,000. In this scenario, Ivan must review the receipts that Sam routes to him. Then Frank and Sue must approve the expense report. Now suppose that Sam submits an expense report for USD 11,000. In this scenario, Ivan must review the receipts, and Frank, Sue, and Ann must approve the expense report.
There are several benefits of using the workflow system in your organization:
- Consistent processes – You can define how specific documents, such as purchase requisitions and expense reports, are processed. By using the workflow system, you ensure that documents are processed and approved in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Process visibility – You can track the status, history, and performance metrics of workflow instances. This helps you determine whether changes should be made to the workflow to improve efficiency.
- Centralized work list – Users can view a centralized work list that displays the workflow tasks and approvals that are assigned to them.
How to change the workflow approver
- Go to your workflow
- Click on Workflow history
- Go to bottom of the screen and there you will find Work items.
You can change the workflow approver when the work item is created.
Click on Reassign and It will open another screen to select the user.
Click OK to reassign the user.
Now, you can see workflow assigned to another user. You can see work item delegated under Tracking details.
In this way, We can see the change approver of the workflow user. If you like this article, feel free to share it with others who might find it helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.